2014 Seattle University Worlds Debate Tournament
- Round 1: THBT the rioters in Ferguson were justified.
- Round 2: Hillary Clinton gave a speech at Georgetown on Wednesday that included the following: "This is what we call smart power - using every possible tool and partner to advance peace and security, leaving no one on the sidelines, showing respect, even for one's enemies, trying to understand and insofar as psychologically possible, empathize with their perspective and point of view, helping to define the problems, determine the solutions. That is what we believe in the 21st century will change - change the prospects for peace." THBT the United States should use "smart power".
- Round 3: THS closing homeless encampments.
- Round 4: THS the use of drones for offensive military operations.
- Round 5: THS ride share services like Uber.
- Round 6: THW hold companies liable for consumer information loss resulting from hacking.
- Semis: THBT the LGBTQ community should abandon the claim that sexuality is determined at birth.
- Final: THBT the United States should offer tuition-free college education at public universities and community colleges.